West Auckland - Bethells Beach & Lake Tour
- Duration : 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
- Product code : WEST-BETH-VAN-R
Bethells beach & Bethells lake
Private sedan, SUV or minivan up to 11 passengers
Allow 6 hours return to Auckland city + optional add-on's.
45 minutes drive from Auckland central or 30 minutes from Piha or Fairy Falls, Bethells beach also known as Te Henga is a mixed gold & black sand surf beach complete with dunes and a nearby lake. A slightly safer alternative to Piha for swimming, Bethells beach is absolutely stunning with a real mix of environments to explore. We recommend a half day here exploring the main surf beach before driving up the road towards Bethells lake.
From here it's a 25 minute walk through farmland and forest over some amazing gold and black sand dunes. On a perfect day it almost feels like being on another planet!. Arriving at the lakefront we'll setup a picnic against the dune banks and cool off or dive off into the lake. A popular option for families and adventurous groups in the summer months.
Recommended add-ons for this trip are Fairy Falls, Crystal Mountain or Piha beach
- We recommend departing Auckland by 9:30AM arriving back in Auckland late afternoon
- Recommend time of the year to visit is the summer months of November to April.
- Swimming at Bethells beach is recommend for advanced swimmers and must be between the flags. It is recommended you bring sunscreen and flotation devices if you wish to swim in the lake.