West Auckland - Muriwai Beach & Gannet Colony Tour
- Duration : 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
- Product code : WEST-MUR-VAN-R
Muriwai beach & gannet bird colony
Private sedan, SUV or minivan up to 11 passengers
Allow 6 hours return to Auckland city + optional add-on's.
Located 45 minutes from Auckland central or Bethells beach, Muriwai is a more rugged 60KM coastline. A popular spot for camping and film crews due including the latest Taylor Swift song Muriwai offers some spectacular black sand surf beaches, cliff top views and close proximity to the Kumeu wine trail & Tree Adventures forest adventure park.
Located at the southern end of the beach is the site of one of New Zealand's few mainland Gannet breeding colonies.
Recommended add-ons for this trip are Fairy Falls, Crystal Mountain or Bethells beach & lake
- We recommend departing Auckland by 9:30AM arriving back in Auckland late afternoon
- Recommend time of the year to visit is the summer months of November to April.
- Swimming at Muriwai beach is recommend for advanced swimmers and must be between the flags. There has been the odd shark sighting too.