West Auckland - Kumeu Wine Trail
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
Kumeu Wine Trail
Private sedan, SUV or minivan up to 11 passengers
Allow 6 hours return to Auckland city + optional add-on's.
If you thought West Auckland was all about native bush & beach, then you must check out the Kumeu region's wines. From half a day to a full day it's your choice, with over 10 high vineyards, cafe's & restaurants in the area you are spoiled for choice.
We can provide an intimate professional vineyard tour visiting a few of our most recommend locations.
- Kerr Farm. Starting your day with a private session in a beautiful farm house this is a great educational start to your tour.
- Kumeu River. Popular for producing high quality Pinot Gris & Chardonnay, a great second stop
- Coopers Creek. Further along the trail, we visit Coopers Creek for an entertaining tasting session followed by lunch.
- Lunch options. Next door to Coopers Creek the Tasting Shed provides a great indoor or outdoor setting perfect for groups. Using local seasonal ingredients the Tasting Shed provides a unique range of tapas type tasting plates.
For a more private and upmarket experience we recommend Provenance Eatery & Store. With an on-site butchery, bee's and vegetable gardens, the food simply couldn't be fresher or more superb.
From here the options are endless. Matua Valley, Westbrook Estate & Soljans Estate are all worth a visit.
Recommended add-on's for this trip are Muriwai beach or Bethells beach
- We recommend departing Auckland by 9:30AM arriving back in Auckland late afternoon
- Recommend time of the year to visit is the summer months of November to April.