North Auckland - Cheese, Honey & Matakana Wine Trail Tour
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
Cheese, Honey & Matakana Wine Trail Tour
Private sedan, SUV or minivan up to 11 passengers
Allow 7 hours return to Auckland city + optional add-on's.
The ride north over the harbour bridge looking back towards the cities viaduct & downtown area gives you the sense that a real adventures is up ahead. Just beyond Auckland's border about 45 minutes into the journey we stop off for a cheese tasting at the award winning Puhoi Valley Cheese Company
After about 30-45 minutes here we continue just up the road to the Warkworth Honey centre for bit of a honey tasting session and check out the shop including getting up close to live bees on display behind a class wall.
We venture further north to the Matakana township where the real fun begins. With a host of world class vineyards, eateries, olive plantations, beaches, markets and art trails Matakana has something for everyone.
We provide an intimate professional vineyard tour visiting a few of our most recommend locations.
- Ransom vineyard.
- Brick bay vineyard & sculpture trail. A vineyard with a difference. Beautiful open plan indoor setting provides a 360 degree view looking out over a pond, art sculpture trail that is worth checking out.
- Providence vineyard.
- Takatu olive plantation. For some of the finest olive oil in the world, enjoy a tasting session here. Takatu is an award winning producer using only their own olives, not blended from other locations like most other brands.
- Lunch options. Apart from the amazing kitchens at the vineyards, Matakana kitchen in the main town centre next to a river, walk, playground, farmers markets and shops is a must visit restaurant. Ideal for groups, the menu is superb using all local top shelf ingredients.
Recommended add-on's for this trip are Pakiri Beach Horse Riding.
- We recommend departing Auckland by 9:45AM arriving back in Auckland late afternoon
- Recommend time of the year to visit is the summer months of November to April.