North Auckland - Goat Island Snorkelling & Diving
- Duration : 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland
- Product code : NOR-GOAT-VAN-R
Goat Island Snorkelling & Diving
Private sedan, SUV or minivan up to 11 passengers
Allow 7 hours return to Auckland city + optional add-on's.
Located an hour and a half north of Auckland city, Goat Island is a little piece of aquatic paradise popular for diving and snorkeling. Equipment can be hired on the day plus there are numerous other activities from sightseeing, kayak and boat rides available.
For first timers, Goat Island is a beautiful, easily accessible and safe location to try out your snorkeling gear and explore what lies just beneath the surface of the sheltered surroundings and shallow waters.
For colder days where you don't feel like getting completely wet, we can hire kayaks or take a 45 minute tour on the glass bottom boat.
On the return trip we recommend lunch in nearby Leigh township or the Matakana village and vineyards. Your guide will recommend the freshest options that suit your taste buds on the day.
Recommended add-on's for this trip are the Cheese, Honey & Wine tour of Matakana or Pakiri Beach Horse Riding
- We recommend departing Auckland by 9:00AM arriving back in Auckland late afternoon
- Recommend time of the year to visit is the summer months of November to April although any time of year when it's a fine day is fine.
- Confident swimming ability and appropriate clothing required